Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meet Mortimer
Last year I expressed an interest in a tea cozy to cover up my tea pot. I am an avid tea drinker as of late. I had been eyeing a cute tea cozy in a book that my friend Romelda had. She was knitting a tea cozy for someone else's birthday. I made a passing comment that I liked the sheep. Romelda filed that comment away for a later date.

Romelda quietly got started on my 2010 birthday present. I had no idea what she was up to. My birthday came and Romela showed me what she had been up to so that I would know she didn't forget my birthday. I have seen in over the last year in pieces, together, ripped out and then put together again.

I went recently to Romelda's for knitting and we had tea. Mortimer was the guest of honor.
Here is Mortimer from the back. Doesn't he have a cute backside??? And this is Mortimer from the front...
Isn't he cute from the front too? Now who wouldn't love a face like that? Thank you very much Mortimer maker. You did a nice job.

4 comments:

Ria said...

OMG! That is too cute!

Paula said...

Oh my goodness~ Mortimer is sooo precious! He can keep my tea cozy anytime! *giggle*

erinkristi said...

Love! Very high cuteness quotient...and useful, too.

Sharon said...

Adorable! I use my tea cosy to keep potatoes warm when I cook them in the microwave and need to finish them off. So not tea.