Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Finished Projects
By Vickie
I am so proud of myself these days. While I was having computer problems I decided that I needed to set a little goal for myself. Since I wasn't blogging, I should have more time to work on finishing things. So I talked myself into finishing some UFOs that I have looked at everyday on my Ravelry account. The pictures of the UFOs were annoying and they needed to be dealt with. So I did.

I can't remember in which order I finished them but I got two things done right off the bat that I have left undone for way too long. The first one was my Blue Heron Clapotis. I bought two skeins thinking that would be enough and it wasn't. Then I was lucky enough to find someone who had some extra on Ravelry and bought some from the nice lady. Sadly it was not the same stuff and I still didn't have enough to finish my Clapotis. So just by chance one day I dropped into see a friend who works at one of my LYS and there was more the same yarn I started my Clapotis with. Lucky for me. Too bad I didn't buy enough the first go round because I got a 20% discount. I finished my Clapotis, finally.


















Then feeling really motivated, I finished another long standing project, my Lily Chin shawl. It took 10 balls of a cotton yarn that someone gave to me. It's huge and I love it. I haven't worn it yet but will shortly because the weather is changing here. Even though it's cotton, I think it will be plenty warm. I thought when I started this it would be easy. It was not that easy. The pattern is easy enough but if you don't use life lines you will rip you hair out trying to back out hundreds of stitches. I could see there was a mistake, just couldn't figure out how to fix it. So I learned my lesson about using life lines.

I would knit this again, but I would start off using life lines instead of waiting until I was ready to quit. I love the cotton and it was frustrating and fun at the same time. Thank you to the person who gifted me the yarn. I hope you are pleased with the way it turned out.

I did take my very first neck down sweater class and I have almost finished that too. I will show a picture of that as soon as the wind stops blowing long enough to take a picture of what's done but that will be a later post.

6 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Congratulations on finishing! They are both beautiful and ready just at the right time of year.

vlb5757 said...

Thanks! I am so glad I finished some projects that I can start thinking about some new ones for the new year. I have two in mind already!

Cheryl in AZ said...

You go Girl!!

vlb5757 said...

I am just glad I am clearing out space to make room for more new things when the yarn diet is over! I loved your coat last night; especially the buttons. I have enough yarn I think I could make one. Maybe in '09.

Susan Luni said...

Looks like you will be wrapped up in style this winter!

vlb5757 said...

I sure hope so. I sure took long enough to get motivate to finish. I have two Clapotis slung over my chair where I sit. I am going to donate one of the Clapotis and then save the Blue Heron one for me. It cost way too much to give away but the other wasn't the best yarn I could have used. So I will replace the first Clapotis with my Lily Chin. I just love it. It's big and roomy. I can wear it in early fall and in the spring. So it will get a lot of use.