Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Devastation...
The weather here at the beach has been up and down and up and down and down and up. My skin, nose and feet have been through the gammit. I knit socks to keep my feet from being cold because a slipper is too heavy for me. I have made about 8 pair of socks. I love them. The only ones that I am not as thrilled about are the cotton ones, but I am sure I will come around. So you understand that I walk around the house in my lovely handmade socks.

Three days ago I was sitting in my usual chair along with three dogs knitting on yet another pair of socks just minding my own business. Little did I know how much I would need this new pair of socks. I had to get up and answer the phone. When I returned to the chair I took off my socks. When I lift up my left foot to pull off the sock, screaming and nashing of teeth began. Horrors of horrors, a FREAKING HOLE.
This most favorite and first pair of socks are only a year old. How on earth could they have already gotten a hole???? I don't wear them on anything except Pergo flooring and carpet. Why, why, I ask you? It's just a sock tragedy. I thought these things are supposed to last a long time.

Here is a visual clue as to how large the hole is. This is my post earring. Thankfully, it was caught early.

So now my favorite pair of socks is in the sock hospital waiting for a doctor visit. Who that doctor will be is still in question. The sock HMO says that they need a referral to someone on my approved list. I am hoping the surgery will be swift and painless for everyone involved. The second sock will be posting to report how the surgery goes and if it will leave a scar. The other sock couples have gathered to offer their best advise and it has been suggested that we only use the cosmetic surgeons at this hospital. A doctor visit will happen shortly and updates will be given as soon as I get an appointment. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

The surgery should be quick and painless. The sock will be back to its old self in no time.

vlb5757 said...

I am hoping that Dr. Sue can help the patient. Scaring is concern but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Anonymous said...

The doctor will be in on Tues & Thurs afternoon. Maybe not on Sat. though. Special patients like you never need an appointment, we will always be able to work you into our schedule. Bring the PAIR of socks and any leftover yarn you have from them.