Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finally...early for once!
Well, I know it's been a while since I posted last but I really have been knitting my little fingers to the bone. I have been reading my favorite knitting blogs and getting inspiration from them. Wait until you see what I have been up to.

First I really did finish something! Wahoo!

As in a previous post I talked about the Preemie Project and the cute little project that inspired me. Thanks to Wool Windings for helping me to learn something new. I wanted to learn how to do dpns and a hat. So I took the class and finished two hats. They were extremely simple but they gave me the foundation to tackle more hats for a purpose. These for this coming Christmas. I haven't done booties to match. One thing at a time...

I just printed off the
Tidewater Knitting Guild of Virginia's Feb. newsletter and read something that I did last year. I decided that I needed knitting goals. So I wanted to learn how to make a pair of socks, a sweater and a hat. I have accomplished all three in varying degrees. The sweater was a Mock Cable and it's not done. I have to do the buttons, the collar, one whole sleeve and then finish the last 2/3rds of the first sleeve. I will finish it here shortly. I got frustrated because I wanted to do the lower part of the sleeve with dpns but didn't know how. So I waited until I had a chance to learn and now I know how. So the sweater should get done here shortly. I did the hats. And now for the last one...socks. I am now taking a sock class with dpns. I am so excited. I have wanted to learn how to do them since I took my beginner's class in late '05. So this leads me to the next dilemma. What can I set for a learning goal for this year?

I want to do more felting. I have a project in mind and have bought the leaflet. I can't reveal it for the moment, but I will soon. The next big project is inspired by
Stephanie. Anyway, I wanted to post before I let it slide another day. I have good intentions to post and like many projects at the moment that are sitting in the knitting basket, I really do mean to do them. Maybe this year's goal should be to just finish one project at a time? Nah...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've really been busy with the hats. Great work!

vlb5757 said...

You totally inspired me! I hope that later this year I have a box worthy to send to Preemie Project.