Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hats in the Round
This past Saturday I took another class at The Knitting Corner. I wasn't expecting to take the class but it came up and I thought it would be a good one for me to learn. I learned how to knit a hat in the round with double point needles. I thought it was a bit awkward at first but once I got it going, it was fun. The pattern is from Ann Norling.
Below is the work in progress.


Here is the finished product. Actually it's Sue's (the teacher).
Now here is the true finished project done by me. Can you tell that I am proud of my new hat??

Clearly, I think I can make a hat in the round now. This is what I made the next day to see if I remembered how to do it. I used some left over wool that I had in the wool basket. It will be donated to Caps for Kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great hats! For larger hats, you can start on circular needles and change to dpns when needed. The more you use dpns the easier it gets. They are my favorite needles to use.

vlb5757 said...

I had a great time learning how. Wait to see what my next post is. It will really please you especially!