Thursday, May 18, 2006

More Sheep Pictures...really more
I know I really over did the pictures of the different sheep but I was so in the moment and got swept away. Each sheep was just as wonderful as the person who raised them, sells them, breeds them. I only found one woman who was a bit on the gruff side with me about her sheep. She in no uncertain terms told me that her sheep were for breeding stock and she had a farm to pay for and these were not pets! Fine, but did she have to be so cold about her livestock? Can even the most hard hearted person in the world not melt at the site of a new born lamb and not want one "free loader" for the farm? I am not farmer but even people who have show dogs have one at home who is not show quality and the pet is kept underfoot just because. Anywho, I found the woman to be a bit on the rude and cold side, but she did have beautiful sheep.

Here we go with more pictures...again, I have no idea what they are, but I found all of them fabulous. I love these sheep because of their fleece. It's long and looks like some good spinning stuff. I can think of three different sheep this could be, Shetlands, Icelandic or Navarro-Churro. Maybe you all know, I don't have a clue, but what a neat looking sheep.

This old girl had the right idea. She had had enough and wasn't going to stand up for one more photo for a blog. Nice fleece, huh?

I couldn't resist a family photo of mother with her twins. When I think of sheep, I think of these guys with the black faces and legs. These are the kinds of sheep we used to see while driving in Texas close to where my grandmother used to live.

I have to say that I love natural brown fleece. It was the second color of fleece that I learned to spin on. So hence the brown sheep.

Are these cute two toned sheep or what? I know I know what they are. It's on the tip of my tongue but for the life of me I can't remember.

Okay, that's enough of the sheep. I still have "other" walking fleeces to post about and then the stuff that I bought at the show and how it's spun up so far. I promise not to be gone too long next time. I am juggling two blogs and three part-time jobs. Did I mention "the" husband??? LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously there can never be too many pictures of such sheepy cuteness!!

vlb5757 said...

I know! I have more but I didn't think that anyone would want to see them as much as I did so I tried to tone it down!