Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday and I am still standing...
It's been a long month since taking on a third part-time job. I know I should have my head examined but I want to get out of debt so that I can spend my money on more spinning classes, roving and knitting so I am motivated to pay things off!

Even though I am two sleeves and a button band behind in my sweater class, I will go ahead and go tomorrow night. I will sit and admire the other's sweaters and have visions of what mine will be as soon as things settle down.

I have been spinning like a mad fool. I don't know why I have set the knitting aside but I confess, knitting on the sweater does not interest me in the least at the moment. After going to Maryland Sheep & Wool, I have been consumed with spinning what I bought, and I have.


I bought 1 lb 8 oz. of hand dyed roving called Citrus Splash by Brush Creek Wool Works at the show. Monday night I finished spinning the last of it. I have aches and pains in my back, elbows and neck from all that intense spinning. I was driven to get it done! Here is a group shot of the process from beginning to end.
Pictured here is the roving, plied bobbins and the wound balls. I have a ball winder and finally got someone to tell me how to keep that silly arm from flopping around. I just wasn't pulling on it hard enough to get it to stay still. So I tested it many times on this batch of roving. I have no earthly idea how many yards there are or the final total weight. I really could care less about either one at this point. I just wanted to see how it would spin up. I did end up with one small bobbin and I combined that with some Lincoln-Corridale and it really doesn't look much different that the other stuff. I haven't wound that on the ball winder yet.
I think I will do it on the swift instead and see what it looks like.

I will post more about the things that I bought at the show. I have a nice long credit card bill to prove I had a good time! More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmMMM! Love the color,Great job spinning!

vlb5757 said...

I have only recently become interested in yellow. I saw this stuff in a huge bag at the sheep how and could not help myself! I just love the way it spun and hopefully what ever I have enough to make of it, will look really cool too.