Monday, February 13, 2006




Knitting Olympics
I haven't been able to post anything since this site's inception because the digital camera has been on the move. First my hubby took it to Texas to take pictures of my son coming home from a year in Iraq, then he handed off the camera to me on my way out the door to a three day trip to Vegas for a board meeting. I just down loaded over 50 pictures this am.

I committed to doing the Knitting Olympics and I actually did cast on the stitches the day after the opening ceremony. I had just gotten back from my trip the same night as opening ceremony and I was trashed. So I cast on my stitches early Saturday morning.This is my very first large project. I have an elderly client who is always cold and I figured this would make a great present for her upcoming birthday. I picked a pattern that I had on hand due to Christmas. I got a Barnes and Noble gift card from my husband's family and made a b-line for the knitting section! I bought The Little Box of Knitted Throws. I picked a more simple pattern that I thought as a beginner I would be able to finish in a timely manner. The Knitting Olympics helped that! Pictured here is the front of the box. I love the box because it has anywhere from 15-20 different project cards that you can take out and transport with you where ever you go. I love the large color pictures of what the project is supposed to look like. That could either be good or bad depending on how badly I knit. It just so happens that the picture on the box is the pattern that I liked the most. I am using Plymouth Yarn, Encore Chunky for the yarn. I bought it as my local yarn shop, The Knitting Corner. We estimated that this yarn was about the same as what was recommended on the card. Frankly it wouldn't have mattered to me since I am going to give it away. I did decide not to use 100% wool because my client has a care giver who wouldn't take the time to be careful with the wool. So the 75%Acrylic and 25% blend was good enough.

No comments: